June 30, 2009

Stonehenge and Salisbury-June 30








Grey stones seem like grey font....the thought of digging a ditch with a poor dead deer's headdress, now wouldn't that make for a BAD day. And besides that a really deep and really wide ditch. When you dig a ditch like that do you push the dirt to the inside or the outside, because you would be using your hands to do that -right? Oh no, I forgot, as Hugh said I would grab for my handy Oxen shoulder blade, to do scooping. Actually I think I would like that job better than dragging big grey rocks for over 200 miles. Which one is better for the Core?
For whatever reason, the builders chose the isolated location of Stonehenge, it is nestled in beautiful landscape. I took many pictures of the surrounding countryside.
As for Salisbury, the Magna Carta is of course the most memorable event of the day. As I listened to the Docent, her wealth of information was marvelous. What was that written in -a font of 4? I'm quite sure it is not Times New Roman 12. And Those young men will definitely get an "A" in their English class in manuscript.
What a town of pleasant nice people! Cheese scones with coffee- um um.
When we arrived early, there was no traffic. Hats off to our planners who got us there early.
By the time we were leaving, you can see the people coming to Stonehenge- reminded me of the traffic in "Field of Dreams"- which Stonehenge is kind of huh?
LIttle Car that I would actually drive- 
but I agree with you Dr. E. I liked the hot little BMW better
and the "little roll" inside of the big roll fell to the Floor in Salisbury-so of course I could not pass up the Photo Op!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!