July 12, 2009

July 10 The Louvre


As I said on Facebook, Carolyn and I spent the day in the Louvre. We first made a mission of finding the sculptures and accomplishing the task of the day, and then we headed off to paintings, of which there are a few in the museum. The various rooms as well as the numbering of -1, 0 and 1 helped to throw us off in our Compass directions.
We each liked such different art that it made the day very interesting to get a different point of view. And then of course we constantly had the dreaded mistake hanging over us that we might "ignite" the flash on our camera unintentionally. We could not read the captions in French, so that helped to speed us along for the 5 1/2 hours, but limited our understanding, so we would create the annotated description ourselves. LOL The only other place very near to there that I would have liked to have seen again was the d'Orcy Musee, but you can't do it all.
The crowds at the Museum were not bad, and that contributed to the enjoyment. My principals' administrative assistant gave me money to buy her a scarf...so I bought the first one in an Indian Shop in Salisbury. In the Louvre shop I bought a silk scarve packaged elegantly and labeled and now I have spent the entire sum of money and when I can get photos to upload I will send you the picture of them. Very pretty.
Louvre Museum
If I lived here, I would often go on a rainy day say like on Winter Break as a teacher and be able to once again stroll leisurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!