July 10, 2009

July 9 St. Pancras Train- 9 3/4 wall-British Library


After the nice visit to the British Library, we headed back to the Study Center to retrieve our luggage and head to the International EuroChunnel to France. Compared to so many things in England that date back to what seems like the dawn of time, as opposed to America, the library in London seems almost anachronistic....but to draw today's digital natives, we surely can not have the musty smell of old books, or the scuffle of brown and orange carpet. So after sipping on tea and munching on freshly warmed cranberry muffins, the patrons can wisk their new acquisitions into a specially marked clear (of course) plastic bag from portage to their next stop- even if it is the Apple Store.
I took lots of pictures of the countryside of France while I personally listened to an audio book on my ITouch that I downloaded in Ft. Lauderdale from the Broward Public Library site with OverDrive.
The trip to the Eiffel Tower was a marvelous as the first time I went. However, that time I went in the morning and this time Darkness set in at the early hour of ten PM. All of my new found skills on my camera keep coming in handy as I explore settings and options. I would have left it on the red box for "Auto" my whole life, if I had had my way. I have pictures from all four compass directions- nord, sud, etc. And I must seem like the person to ask to take your picture, as last night 8 families or people asked me to take their picture....and then as we left the last steps one of the young men in the grey suit offered to take my picture without me asking...what a nice surprise!!!
I am hoping to load the picture of the Gendarm catching the Eiffel Tower Key Chain Selling Bad Guy , if the internet will allow me.

1 comment:

  1. After this picutre uploaded, I see how terrble it looks technologically, but I am afraid to try again, as it takes soooo long.

    ReplyDelete

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!