July 8, 2009

July 8-London Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park and Harrod's


As we walked around Hyde Park today, I predominantly used my Flip camera. I am trying to learn how to use it and hoping I will have some time on the Internet in our room in Paris to see if any of my filmings have turned out. Since the park was originally set aside by Henry VIII, I find it almost unbelievable that it is still preserved for the beauty of the city and has not been made into high rise buildings. For whatever reason that happened(that will be another thing for me to look up when I have time), it is very good.
The variety of flora and fauna in the park boggles the mind. The animal life is drawn to the deliberate plantings partially I am sure, but also to the areas that are left to fallow. I did not see Eucalyptus today, but it was planted at Windsor Palace and I saw it in the gardens yesterday.
I went to Harrod's mostly to say that I had. I looked at things I could never afford, just so I have an idea of what must be in the homes of people who are wealthy. A young man in the silver settings section and Lladro Porcelain asked me if he could help me and I replied...."Oh, I am just looking, I am a teacher and on my salary I have to just look, but it is so beautiful to look at..." And he replied, " Yes, madam, I am sure it is." People are so polite here to me and that is very pleasant.
Now it is late and we are still packing...off to Paris during tomorrow!!!
Last night I had the pleasure of being with a Blue Badge guide and 18 other of FSU's Study Center Students, when we saw remains of the Roman Wall while learning about Jack the Ripper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!