July 6, 2009

July 6 London-Regent's Park/Primrose Hill/Abbey Road

As we dashed between the showers at Regent's Park here in London, the flowers bestowed many of my colleagues with the opportunity to capture pictures with dew dripping from the petals.  So many of the posting today were really some of Nature's finest, caught on the cameras of my FSU classmates. I still have no luck flying a kite, but watching everyone on Primrose Hill was really quite fun. Picnicking and then watching the romping around after so much time rushing, was a pleasure. I did not take great pictures of the kite flying, but I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of those who did. 
And then the thrill of traveling by foot through the really nice homes to get to Abbey Road. I wrote my name and the year I saw the Beatles on the wall and my room mate Kat took a picture for me.  Laurie took my picture up by the steps of the studio. When I was young, my girlfriend Susan and I were Beatles fans-her favorite was George and mine was Paul.  I ironed my clothes and my hair every morning, and now everyone uses a ceramic straightener.
Before heading off to the theatre, I went down to the Victoria Station early and roamed around the neighborhood, and the little local restaurants.  Most of the buildings in that area are large corporate offices etc it seemed, but there were many small hotels and B& B's. I found my daughters canvas bags with Twiggy's picture on them.
The play "Billy" was really great entertainment. The young character "Michael" was definitely a great example of comic relief. A feel good show....YouTube has quite a few great looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!