July 3, 2009

London-July 3, Friday- The British Museum-and Chinatown



Well, in our Flat the earliest any of the Goldengirls Rose or Shined :)
was after 8:30 A.M. An exciting day in the Flat was had by all 5 anyway as we tried to catch up on things. Laurie flew the coop and headed off to Brighton. Tomorrow, Jeannie and Sheila(alias Quinton) are headed to the White Cliffs of Dover. Every time I was going to leave the British Museum, I would see the next room that I wanted to check out. It was still not enough time for me to read very much.  I continue to experiment with my camera and that is exciting to do something besides the RED camera for Autofocus.
I learned several new things for me while in the Museum:
- the British did not have silver jewellry, but only gold instead
-the Nubi in Africa buried their dead in a fetal position 
-the Irish had a bridle and bit for their horses that no one else in the UK used and the archeologists don't know why
-the Ankh does have its origins from hieroglyphics, but has been over time readily accepted by Christianity.



Then, I took a walk to Chinatown. "Take away" Shushi for dinner and Chinese Golden desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mini Bio

My photo
Davie, Florida, United States
William T. McFatter Technical Center Media Center wants you to visit!